Thursday, August 21, 2008

Saving Tips. Anyone Interested?

I wanted to take just a moment and shift gears a bit. We typically try to relay what is going on in today's market. Sometimes this means national news and sometimes it is local. I want to talk briefly and provide you with a link to a different type of story that I think is important. The topic is SAVING! As mortgage professionals we take many applications. One common thread with many applicants today is a bit disturbing. There are a lot of people out there with very little money put away for a rainy day. Very little cash in checking or savings and little to no investments! It is no surprise that there are numerous people out there that live check to check. This trend is no doubt getting worse as inflation worsens. The price of goods are going up, the dollar is weak, and our incomes are not increasing to compensate! Not a good recipe to say the least. I don't bring this up to beat people up that are in this situation. If you are reading this I hope this doesn't apply to you. I bring this up for the ones it does apply to and to show you there are solutions out there.
Aside from switching jobs or careers to gain a larger paycheck, there are little things people can do each month to cut their expenses and save. There are 2 groups out there that fall in to a category that needs some help. The first is one is for whatever reason your household income is low and you have a large family to support. It is just flat out tough to make ends meet in today's economy. The second type are people that make good money, but blow it. This is the frustrating one. It makes no sense to spend every penny you make to try to and portray a certain image! This gets you nowhere and guess what? Most people could care less. Yeah I drive around and think to myself "Nice Car" if I see one, but after I drive a few blocks I have already forgotten about it. Nobody really cares when it comes down to it. I think you get my point. If you are someone living check to check or someone who just wants to put more money away for retirement, then this link is for you. No matter what your situation is, there is probably something on this list that can help. There are also many other helpful articles on the Internet. All you have to do is Google them. Just search for saving tips, budgeting help, etc.

Here is the link I mentioned above. 25 Ways to Save More Each Month!

I am not advocating a lifestyle that doesn't allow you to "live" a little. I for one don't want to be old, sitting at home thinking "What did I do with my life"? These are just some basic saving ideas. I know everyone can look at their budget and expenses and find ways to cut back. More than likely these items will hardly be missed. After you master some of these quick tips, if you want to take it to the next level you may want to get with a Financial Planner. A good advisor can plan out your financial future and help you reach your financial goals.

As prices increase nationwide and mortgage programs continue to be cut, more cash reserves are going to be critical. Gone are the 100% programs that allow someone to buy a home with little to no money. There are a few of these out there, but they are much tougher to get. Hopefully this article can give you just the little "umpf" you need to get moving in the right direction! It will open up more doors for you and will make your life a little less stressful!

Brought to you by:
Professional Mortgage Group, Inc.
"Your Columbia, MO Mortgage Broker"

No comments: