Monday, July 21, 2008

"Hot" Weather Seems to have "Cooled" Off The Buyers

There are many things in life that are left to uncertainty. However, one thing at least in the real estate community that remains a truism even today is the fact that most real estate markets are VERY cyclical. What do I mean? Take for instance the extremely hot, almost unbearable weather the Mid-West has had the last 7 or so days. Obviously in my profession I am surrounded by real estate professionals such as appraisers, title companies, inspectors, realtors and other colleagues. It seems with the hot weather smoldering around a lot of our buyers have disappeared. Now I'm sure this can be partly attributed to other factors such as vacations, waiting for further prices decreases, children's athletics, and rising prices at the pump. But things have continued to go up and down in this industry with one week being very busy to the next not so much.

The key is never getting too high or too low. Professional Mortgage Group, Inc. has been very steady from January 1 to the present. However, that's not to say there haven't been lulls. The good news is the lows have been followed by highs. Many of the realtors I have contacted have confirmed my suspicion that the hot weather has seemed to keep buyers on the sidelines. Like I have stated in earlier posts I have been impressed with Columbia's resilience!

Brought to you by Professional Mortgage Group, Inc.
Your Columbia Missouri Mortgage Broker

No comments: