Thursday, January 18, 2007

Professionalism, It will payoff!


What does it mean to be professional? Webster defines "professional" as; relating to, or characteristic of a profession b : engaged in one of the learned professions c (1) : characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2) : exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace.

How many times have you gone out to eat and received unprofessional service, whether it is a rude waiter, cold food or a dirty table. What about a mechanic working on your vehicle? I'm sure we have all experienced the "check-up" scam. Dateline ran a series several years ago about mechanics being unprofessional and taking advantage of "clients", loosely put. They do needless work on your auto, or "up-charge" for services that are normally a fixed price. What about calling in a customer service #? Just yesterday I called to try and locate a service technician to fix a problem with my television. I first called Best Buy, where I purchased the TV in 2000'. After being on hold for 10 minutes then answering several different questions, I was told that they had no service rep in the area. I then proceeded to call Circuit City but since I did not purchase the unit from them they were unwilling to help me, what a great way to earn my business the next time. I then called someone locally and again they only service TV's that they sell. Finally, I called the company that made the TV and after several minutes located someone locally who could fix the problem. This entire scenario took over 1 hour to complete. What's my point?

Do business with someone that you trust, who takes their job seriously, and who is professional! Ask around, do some research, talk with people locally. I believe you will find that the extra effort will be worth while!
Your Mortgage Professionals in Columbia, MO

No comments: